Duration: 15' (to be determined by coach)
Field: 1/2 full pitch
01. Using half a full pitch, we mark out 2 zones as shown.
02. There is a big goal with a goalkeeper at one end and 3 mini goals at the other end. We play 6v7. (+ GK)
03. The red team have their back 4 and 3 midfielders. The white team have 3 central midfielders, 2 wingers and 1 forward.
04. The players are free to move across both zones, but the blues aim to win the ball in zone 1.
05. The practice starts with the red team's goalkeeper and the reds try to build up play through the white team's pressure and score in one of the 3 mini-goals.
06. The white team’s objective is to press and win the ball high up the pitch (within zone 1) and then launch a fast break attack, trying to score within 5 seconds (2 points).
07. Once the whites win the ball, only the 4 red defenders are still active and able to defend their goal.
08. If the whites win the ball inside zone 2, they must then complete 5 passes before they are able to try and score a goal (1 point). This restriction motivates the players to win the ball high up within zone 1.
01. Same exercise, but 10v10 (extend the size of the area)(4-4-2) and 5 mini goals instead of 3
02. The red team are in a different formation.
01. Pressing quickly and aggressively, but also switching immediately when the ball is intercepted.
02. Coach on conquering the ball within 5-8 seconds.
03. 100% intensity.